How to Join
Membership in our federation is open to organizations meeting specific tests of fiscal accountability, governance and programmatic impact. To participate, an organization must:
- Be 501(c)(3) tax-exempt
- Be governed by a board of directors, the majority of whom volunteer
- File a Form 990 or 990-EZ with the IRS (unless revenue is below the threshold for filing)
- Provide a copy of the organization's most recent financial statements:
- Full audit is required if annual revenue is over $250,000
- Review is acceptable if annual revenue is between $100,000 and $250,000
- A less formal financial statement may be used if revenue is under $100,000
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) requires all CFC applicants to pay a non-refundable fee at the time of application. If we recommend your organization to OPM for admission to the CFC and OPM rejects your application, we will refund the initial OPM fee. The risk is ours.
If you are interested in becoming a member of HCROA, please fill out the form below. We will evaluate your materials and let you know whether you qualify for membership.